Old 27-04-2010, 05:43 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.sport.golf
John B. John B. is offline

Default Weeds on greens?

On Apr 27, 9:34*am, Dinosaur_Sr
wrote:
On Apr 26, 6:09*pm, "John B." wrote:

On Apr 25, 7:50*pm, Dinosaur_Sr
wrote:

On Apr 25, 7:26*pm, Carbon wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:46:35 -0700, Doc wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:19*am, Billy wrote:

What? Are you anAynRander, into selfishness, and **** the world, or
are you a human being?

You're displaying a gross non-understanding of Rand's thoughts. While
it may require less effort on your part it's incorrect.

Rand was still wrong.

She is right...in every way! More or less!

What, for example is the common good? If everyone benefits, what are
the costs and how are they paid? Worst issue of all is who determines
what is the common good?

Eight million children in the developing world die every year from
infectious diseases. Do we need to sit around and scratch our heads
about whether doing something about that is to the common good? Does
anyone in his right mind adhere to the Ayn Rand point of view, which
would be: tough shit for them?

How many people in developed countries die of infectious diseases? How
many people die of drowning? How many people die in automobile
accidents? How about lifting the idiot ban on DDT? How many people
have died of malaria because of the ban on DDT? Despite no evidence at
all that it harms humans, and limited evidence that it harms birds
when used irresponsibly....but it had to be banned...by people like
you! Gonna take responsibility for the ban...think the radical
environmentalists will take responsibility for all those deaths?

So what do *YOU* actually do about it, right now, today...or is your
only issue what should other people do about it?- Hide quoted text -

I'll answer one of your questions, which is how many people have died
of malaria b/c of the DDT ban? The answer is zero, because DDT is not
banned in Africa. The rest are too stupid to bother with.