Old 27-04-2010, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I was horribly annoyed

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:24:57 +0100, "Jeff Layman"
wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
when some chap knocked on my door yesterday to offer to clean up my
block
paving to get rid of the violets. Which I might say look spectacular
atm,
they are growing in the crevices and look absolutely beautiful.
Some people have no soul.
Tina

Wasn't me, but it might have been.

Violets are a damn nuisance - they get everywhere and have very tough
roots.
If they only kept to wild wooded areas, I wouldn't mind.

Violets are beautiful and can grow anywhere they like in my garden.
Some from my front garden spread into next door's lawn. She had her
lawn removed and paving put down, not becauseof the violets. They
have now established themselves in the communal bit of lawn cut by the
council and are much admired.
Does anyone know if we can get the real scented ones I remember from
my youth (1940s/50s?

Pam in Bristol

http://www.grovesnurseries.co.uk/cat...rma--6303.aspx

--