Old 27-04-2010, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Tea for houseplants - good idea?

wrote:
In article ,
Rusty Hinge wrote:
John L wrote:
My wife likes to save all tea left in the pot and give it to the
houseplants. Is it really any good for them?

I get the feeling that they're slowly building up tea in the pots. (and
I'd rather just throw it away and keep the place a bit tidier!)

Too much tea may leave uncomposted residues in the soil and encourage
moulds and fungi.

Yes, but they won't do much harm to living plants.

Maybe. However, the dissolved tea solids might deplete the available
nitrogen.

--
Rusty