Old 28-04-2010, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Large flowered hibiscus yet again

On 28 Apr, 13:54, Pam Moore wrote:
Mine arrived yesterday. *The instructions say they need "slightly"
acidic soil, which I don't have, but will mix in some ericaceous.
They are potted but I don't have high hopes!

Pam in Bristol

Mine came yesterday as well, all potted up, Look OK to me, 2 had a bit
of growth on them, 4 of the 6 had to be potted into 2 litr pots the
other 2 went into 1.5ltr pots.
I see that they are herbacious and die back to ground level each year.
I used my normal mix with soil added, we are acid so that should drop
the ph a little.
David Hill