Old 28-04-2010, 03:33 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
Mine arrived yesterday. The instructions say they need "slightly"
acidic soil, which I don't have, but will mix in some ericaceous.
They are potted but I don't have high hopes!
I bought a large flowered hibiscus cultivated in the Netherlands a few years ago, labelled as "winter hardy", with herbacious habit where frosted. It may be winter hardy in some places, but not where I live in SE England. It did not come back after its first winter, even though it was one of the mildest of recent winters. Had some very tacky punning variety name which temporarily escapes me.