Old 28-04-2010, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Leeks

TheScullster wrote:
Why are my leeks not much more than a blade of grass in stature?
Planted in pots on window sill - kept moist in general compost.
Sorry can't remember variety

When did you plant them? Mine from last year did incredibly badly and are
only now starting to fatten up a bit, almost a year after putting them in.
Same with my dad's. The year before they did much better.

Although I wouldn't have thought they were a good container plant. Are they
going to stay on the window sill, or are they fattening up to go out?