Old 28-04-2010, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Large flowered hibiscus yet again

Pam Moore wrote
Mine arrived yesterday. The instructions say they need "slightly"
acidic soil, which I don't have, but will mix in some ericaceous.
They are potted but I don't have high hopes!

Mine arrived yesterday too, bare roots in a plastic bag, now potted.
We shall see? :-\

Got mine yesterday too. Bare root plants now all planted out in the garden,
we will see how they do, must remember to keep them moist.
No mention of an acid soil being preferred unless you were reading the wrong
side of the leaflet, about Tacca (bat) plants. :-)
Interesting that they say they are prairie plants not bog plants as I
suspected so I wonder what Hibiscus have been used in their breeding.
http://www.newbiscus.com/index.php?p...e-Newbiscus-EN
Gives nothing away.

--
Regards