Old 28-04-2010, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Leeks

"TheScullster" wrote ...

Why are my leeks not much more than a blade of grass in stature?
Planted in pots on window sill - kept moist in general compost.
Sorry can't remember variety

Just dug up those that were left on the allotment today, huge things. When
did you plant the seed of yours? We will be planting our leek seed shortly
for good leeks next winter. I plant them out when they are coming up to
pencil thick. I'm a hole planter BTW not a ditch planter.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden