Old 28-04-2010, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Sewing seeds

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 27 Apr, 22:09, Dave Hill wrote:
On 27 Apr, 18:05, Pam Moore wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 04:38:49 -0400, rabc

wrote:

When sewing seed ive always covered the container with a sheet of
newspaper or something similar to keep out the light to force the seed
to germinate, do i really need too, how much longer will they take to
germinate if i dont........cheers

Whatever seed you are sowing, check what their germination
requirements are. Some need dark, some need light.

Pam in Bristol

I remember our English masterusing this as a pointer to some of the
anomilies of the English Language.
The farmer was out in the field sowing corn, his wfe was in the house
sewing a button on his shirt.
They were both.....................
Working .
There is no collective noun to cover both tasks in one word.
David Hill

and mosy of my work had the rider "Must learn to spell"
David

English is not an easy language, as I am finding out, having promised my
German friend to help her know all about it.
Well - there's cough, and bough and rough for a start..