Old 20-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Kay

Default SNAILS!!!!

350X_Rider

Thanks so much for this insight. I am doing manuel picking now about 100 a
day in the worst tank, I am goign to try this as soon as I can.

Kay
"350X_Rider" wrote in message
link.net...
If you've got too many snails, and you'd like to rid yourself of

them....

Aquari-Sol....

I argued with someone who thought they knew everything, and sometimes
stubbornness is too much, so I can only give proof of what I know....

I started my tanks using AS, then stopped... got snails, asked

questions,
everyone said leave them... I did.. they grew... Ive got hundreds in

one
tank... few in the other...

I was over feeding the bigger tank, but not the little tank... the

little
tank just got snails?!?!? not sure where from... but since I've

started
using AS, no more snails.. and NO ALGAE!!!!

Just thought I'd share my thoughts....

For those of you who want to argue, take it somewhere else... This is

only
my observation, proof, and recorded effort to help others...

Had-A-Snail
was
not used because it had a much higher concentration of Copper Sulfate,
therefore would harm plants...

--
350X_Rider
-------------------------

Hi 350X_Rider

Tree weeks ago I had no snails. Now I have 100+ in my 360L (90g). I

haven't used
any chemical yet because I haven't had a chance to find out if there is

some
product on the market which does not harm plants. Aquarium salt seems a

too easy
solution. But why not give it a try? Next time I'm in a fish store I'll

get
some. How much did you dose? How long did it take you to eliminate the

snail
population?

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com

My only advice is to dose as you would normally dose, but for such a large
tank, I'd use the whole danged bottle.. just kidding... on my 29g, I dosed
for a 30gallon, every time I did a water change, meaning I put enough
Aquari-Sol in the water for the whole tank... probably 1.5X more than
normal... 3 water changes, I went thru one little bottle.... but on a 10g
that has Blue Rams, and a 29g cichlid tank, I've went thru 8 bottles over

3 month period... along with regular manual removal, now all I get are

white
shells when I vacuum weekly....

In the 29g I was overfeeding also... I cut back, started dosing, and now,

have no snails hanging out where there used to be 25 or so in each

corner...

In the 10g I'm definately not overfeeding, but snails came with plants..
I've taken the plants out, replaced with plastic, started dosing and have
seen the snails try to escape when I do a water change, I think because of
the copper sulfate, they know their time is limited.... In the last few
weeks, I can visibly notice fewer snails gathering in places, yet, manual
removal is helping.....