Old 29-04-2010, 02:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_2_] Ian B[_2_] is offline

Default Another Mystery Plant (Shrub) ID Please?

wrote:
In article ,
Ian B wrote:

Here it is-

http://img99.imageshack.us/i/iansshrub2.jpg/

And here's a closeup of the foliage-

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/iansshrub.jpg/

I'll be most grateful if anyone can identify it!

Without flowers, I doubt if anyone can. It could be a buddleia,
though most of them have furrier leaves, but there are a zillion
other shrubs with opposite leaves of that shape, and hollow
stems isn't rare, either.

If it's a buddleia, it will probably flower in the summer, or next
spring if not. It will not suffer from the chainsaw massacre.

Thanks. It is a bit nondescript, isn't it?

Ian