Old 29-04-2010, 01:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default This years seed report 2010

Tried intense light from Jump Start and the plants look good.

Started with aged fluffy dry ( not sieved for more air) compost in
small plastic squares about 2 ". Supplied bottom heat and made damp and
kept sort of damp. No fugus (Damp off) appeared and looks like ~ 80 %
came on. Usually I'd take plants that were stretching for light to a
cold frame but this year right to the bed. Two nites ago 31.8 F.
Currently have Mexican sunflowers 2 inches and looking happy along
with patty pan squash. Hope all can tolerate partial sun. I know most
can but it light got be thinking about taking down another 1 or 2 oaks
but this with oak rust about so it is a slow decision.

On heat moon flowers, nasturtiums and red morning glories.

http://xrl.us/bhjowu

Bill

--

łThat means on average 18 veterans commit suicide
each day."