Old 29-04-2010, 06:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Using Compost without Soil?

In article ,
Naga Jolokia wrote:

Hi all,

Is it alright to use compost straight without mixing it with soil or
other additives? I plan to fill up some raised beds with cheap compost
that I can get from a local recycle center.

Thanks.

No. The best soil is 30 - 40% sand, 30 - 40% silt, 20 - 30% clay, to
this add 5 - 10% organic material (such as your compost and/or manure),
and don't forget bone meal, or rock phosphate, and some wood ashes.
--
- Billy