Old 29-04-2010, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Gooseberries.

Lynne wrote:
New to all this so I am going to need lot's of help!
I have bought a small gooseberry bush, and owing to a very large dog who
is very good a digging, wondered if I can grow in a tub. If so what
compost will I need, and can I take cuttings.

Gooseberries are very forgiving, but respond better if kept fairly moist
(being a base-of-hedgerow shrub. A Poundland planter would do, thogh a
bigger one would be better. I've not noticed them be fussy about soil,
either.

It's difficult to stop goosebery cuttings from taking. Layering (pegging
ends of branches down on soil) is better, though.

--
Rusty