Old 29-04-2010, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_2_] Ian B[_2_] is offline

Default Another Mystery Plant (Shrub) ID Please?

Dave Hill wrote:
On 29 Apr, 13:56, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote

Could be but hard to tell without any flowers. I'm guessing at
Weigela or Deutzia, something of that sort but I agree that it's
hard to tell until it flowers. Woody stems and green leaf shaped
leaves, hmmmm! ;-)

I'm with you, my first reaction was Deutzia.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

My first reaction was Deutzia as well
David Hill

After googleing, Deutzia looks quite likely to me too, but bear in mind I
haven't a clue what I'm on about. The flowers ring a bell, or rather, the
flowers on the other suggestions don't ring bells IYSWIM. I didn't pay it
much attention at the time as it was just a big thicket of berberis, mystery
plant and brambles and stuff, but I think this ID is likely.

Ian