Old 29-04-2010, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant who's seed looks like a sweetpea's one.

In message , soup
writes
On 29/04/2010 15:58, Dave Hill wrote:

http://www.sidtech.co.uk/iu/soup936104423291.JPG

Same family, could be a species or vetch

The leaves are much narrower than a picture I found on the 'Net of a
common Vetch.

Seedlings don't always look like mature plants, which is why I wouldn't
attempt an identification to species, and in this case the number of
leaflets is lower than one expects in a major plant, but the tares (3
species, but hairy tare, Vicia hirsuta, is much the commonest) have
narrower leaflets than common vetch. (I can recognise 5 species of vetch
in flower and fruit, but not from the foliage.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley