Old 20-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Charles

Default ahsupply - how difficult to retrofit exiting stip light?

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:34:54 -0800, "LM" wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for the reference to ahsupply.com. I checked them out, and sounds
pretty reasonable (besides, I can get the right bulb color instead of
suffering through 9325K or something not optimal for a year)

how difficult is it to retrofit the existing all-glass strip lighting
housing with the ahsupply retrofit kit? has anyone done it with single 55W
kit?

also, can I hook this ballast on a timer and will it turn on/off? (some
fluorescent lamps don't work well like this..)

linda

The ballast will work fine on a timer. I don't know about the All
Glass hood, I have redone several, but not that one. Not too bad if
you have patience. One thing I don't like about the AHSupply kits is
the screws, I use machine screws I get from West Marine Supply,
stainless steel.
_

- Charles
-