Old 20-04-2003, 05:44 AM
pyrite

Default ahsupply - how difficult to retrofit exiting stip light?

In article , "LM"
wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for the reference to ahsupply.com. I checked them out, and sounds
pretty reasonable (besides, I can get the right bulb color instead of
suffering through 9325K or something not optimal for a year)

how difficult is it to retrofit the existing all-glass strip lighting
housing with the ahsupply retrofit kit? has anyone done it with single 55W
kit?

I did just that not too long ago on my All-Glass 30". Replacing the 20W
single tube with the 55W CF was no problem. The housing was a little
tight but it fit, with the ballast located on the back (outside) of the
strip. I'd recommend installing the optional 1" vents on either end
since the housing is a little tight it can get warm. The 6400K bulb I'm
using provides plenty of good quality light, everything looks way better
and my plants are actually starting to grow!

ahsupply sent along good simple directions and all the wire nuts,
grommets and such I needed.

also, can I hook this ballast on a timer and will it turn on/off? (some
fluorescent lamps don't work well like this..)

I'm doing that, works just fine.