Old 30-04-2010, 07:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Naga Jolokia Naga Jolokia is offline

Default Using Compost without Soil?

Hi all,

Many thanks for your answers, suggestions.

I am quite sure that the compost is derived from wood chips, grass
clippings, and leaves. It's not the sewer sludge type through.

Per your suggestions, I am going to mix it with some sand to improve
drainage. I will also try it straight to see if the result is different
or not. I can't use the native soil in my back yard since it's like
pure clay. You need a hammer to break it when it's dry. And when it's
wet, you can't even work on it.

Again, many many thanks for your insights, answers, and suggestions.