Old 30-04-2010, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George[_14_] George[_14_] is offline

Default Rain!

"Gopher" wrote in message

How very welcome is this morning of gentle (but quite heavy) rain here in
N.W. Dorset. Just hope it's cleared for tomorrow's round of golf! How
fickle we are :-))

and here on the other side of the world in the usually moist Waikato we are
in the third full month of a drought. Apart from some mm of rain a few days
ago, virtually nothing for 3 full months. We had 4 decent storms in January
which put the summer planting right for the hottest months but nothing
since. Most days have been lovely and sunny and mild, even as we head in to
late autumn. The very late green grapes on my vine are even now turning
purple. My 1000l water tank keeps the vege gardens watered. For all the
stress on the lawn, may the sunny weather continue as long as possible.

rob