Old 30-04-2010, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default Sewing seeds

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 04:38:49 -0400, rabc
wrote:

When sewing seed ive always covered the container with a sheet of
newspaper or something similar to keep out the light to force the seed
to germinate, do i really need too, how much longer will they take to
germinate if i dont........cheers

What happens in nature do you think? Does some entity go around
shielding germinating seeds with newspapers? I think not.

I like my seedlings to meet sunshine as soon as possible.

It keeps 'em green and avoids legginess.

I used to start my cucs and toms in an airing cupboard. What a
misguided waste of time! Now they sit out in full light and are
better for it.

--