Old 30-04-2010, 10:12 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauticollision View Post
I have two Jade plants on both the leaves have started becoming yellow/red

on one of the plants the leaves are no longer stiff and strong, but a little wrinkly and and feel soft. this is on most leaves

on the other plant again some yellow and red leaves, but i new leaves growing are an odd shape - they look like the clubs picture in a packet of cards.

both plants are next to each other on my window sill. they get a lot of light, but not directly as i have a net curtain between the window and the plants.

I rarely water it..but i cant be sure if anyone else in my house hold has been watering it.

any advice?
Wrinkly and soft is what happens when the plant has been without water for along time and is using up the reserves in its leaves. You could check how dry the soil is (tip the plant out out the pot if necessary).

Yellow and red shouldn't happen, and the misshapen new leaves make me suspect some pest. If you can't see anything obvious, look for red spider, which will appear as a light dusting mainly on the undersides of the leaves.