Old 30-04-2010, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Buckley Mike Buckley is offline

Default Help with apple tree

In message , Rusty Hinge
writes
Mike Buckley wrote:
/family tree/

Probably not a bad idea, but I've not seen any for sale. Local place
(Wheatcroft, a part of Nottcutts) only has straight trees and that's
the main garden place around here, I can't see B&Q having any in.

Notcutts have family trees - I had one with three grafts from them.
Unless it's container grown, it's really too late to plant one now.

All the ones I looked at were container grown.

I'm struggling to find space for another tree anyway.

Train it against the house? On a dwarfing stock it won't attack the
foundations.

Nah, even less options against the house unless I put it in a shady
spot, which I want to avoid. I'll find somewhere to squeeze it in,
something else I was giving a chance to might have to go though, but
it'll mean digging out a load of roots :-(

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2