Old 20-04-2003, 05:56 AM
SG

Default New Tube: Aquaglo, Powerglo, or Triton

In article , Sarah wrote:
I have a 26gal community tank (12cm deep) using a single 30w tube.

I am currently using an Aquaglo tube with Co2 and plants seem to be doing
ok.

Then you may not want to change anything. :-)

Any suggestions or recommendation for a replacement tube to assist plant
growth and fish display?

I have a powerglo on a marine tank and it is very pink. I think it
would look odd on planted fw tank.

IMO the best light for your tank is a daylight 5500k with a CRI over
80. If you called around to the "industrial" lighting shops you should
find them. They will want to know the length of the bulb and diameter
or type (T12 or T8). A while back I switched to 5500k CRI89
bulbs. They are 1/2 the cost of aquarium shop bulbs and look really
good.

--
sg