Old 01-05-2010, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default clematis id continued

"Martin" wrote in message

Our armandii have survived 10 weeks of frost and being covered in ice
for weeks. They have been in flower for a couple of weeks in Zuid Holland.

We haven't had it as cold for so long here in West Sussex, but there have
been some penetrating frosts and a lot of snow. As far as I am concerned
armandii is a lot hardier than it is given credit for. Mine had damage to a
few leaves, but it has flowered very well.

--

Jeff