Old 02-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Cherishedmoment Cherishedmoment is offline
Registered User

Default Cant get lawn seed to germinate !

Hi guys, bit of a noob, so forgive me. I'm not much for gardening, but I try my best ! Ok, last year I relayed new lawn sods onto our front garden, and it looked great unti the winter came. Unfortunately, I forgot to trim back the plants which were overhanging the lawn and it caused it to die off in these areas over the winter. I bought some mircale gro general purpose lawn seed /fertiliser mix, and followed the instructions :-
One handful per 1m Sq, rake first, dampen ground, trample down gently, and keep damp.

It says I should see results in 5 days, but its been nearly 14 days and nothing. Some of the areas are shady, and some aren't, but none of it has grown yet ... am I doing something wrong ?