Old 02-05-2010, 02:42 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Horses and muddy field

On 2 May, 13:41, Roger Chapman wrote:
Muddy Horse wrote:

snip

Thanks for the replies.
Any ideas on where I can order a few tonnes of MOT Type 1 Limestone from in
North Devon, and what sort of price I will pay?
Are builders merchants (Travis Perkins, Jewsons, etc) the best place to
order such things from?

I don't know how you go about ordering limestone in Devon.

Quarries tend to deal in 20 tonne minimum loads so would charge you
extra for part loads. When I had 66 tonne of quarry waste recently I had
60 tonnes from a Dales quarry and 6 tonnes from a local builders
merchant. I can't put my hands on the figures right now but I am sure
the builders merchant would have been the cheaper option for the last 6
tonnes. But get it delivered loose if you can. One tonne bags don't
contain a full tonne and cost significantly more per tonne as well.

We have local quaries that use contractors and they will deliver from
aroiund 6 tons. Won't hurs to phone and ask.
David Hill