Old 02-05-2010, 01:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default 2 hyacinths made it

Lily pond cleared to the bottom last week, now I have to get out the shop
vac and do a little muck removal. Too bad the fish aren't big enough to
move it down to the bottom drain... course, not that the bottom drain could
suck it out. I have it covered with a big mesh basket to keep the small
wakins from going for a ride. Even so, one managed to make it into the
prefilter after start up.

Lilies all divided, been potting up the divides today. All but one canna
divided, so I'm just about ready for a plant sale... though it will be
awhile before I do some of the others.

I could use some WH, but won't bother till it is much warmer and I move my
one female telescope into a stock tank with the male. She got a bit beat up
by the wakins, don't know if she released eggs or not, but she's
recuperating in a tank in the house because of them.s ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us