Old 02-05-2010, 01:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pond cleaning with a Vacuum

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:01:01 EDT, Joe wrote:

How easily do they clog?

Mine never does. Oh wait, there was the dead bullfrog that was too big,
yeah, that was pretty gross.

Will they suck up leaves and such?

Oh yeah... and pretty much every thing else.

Do I have to empty it, or is there a way to connect a hose to it to have it
discharge elsewhere?

Mine has a small discharge (it does clog), I let the worst of the water
drain to waste thru the vac hose, since I can't vac and drain at the same
time.

Any particular brand?

I have the one from Sears. My recommendation is get a large enough
canister. Mine is 12 gallon, 2.75 horse. Too much power and they make too
much high pitch noise. Too big a container you can't move it when full...
but keep in mine that's coming from a 55 yo 5'2" female. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us