Old 02-05-2010, 04:13 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.orchids
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Fire Blight Treatment

In article , Will wrote:

I have an apple tree with fire blight. I've removed the infected leaves and
branches but have been unable to find any spray to prevent further
infection. I've seen copper sulphate mentioned but the guy at the garden
centre says it's been taken off the market. Also streptomycin sulphate
though can't find that anywhere.

Does anyone know if there is any commercial product that can be used to
treat fire blight on apple tress?

Thanks

Will

Aside from disease resistant varieties it look like Fire blight needs
vigorous pruning with precautions .

http://www.hort.cornell.edu/gardenin...ing/gardcal.ht
ml