Old 02-05-2010, 11:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Cant get lawn seed to germinate !

Cherishedmoment wrote:
Hi guys, bit of a noob, so forgive me. I'm not much for gardening,
but I try my best ! Ok, last year I relayed new lawn sods onto our
front garden, and it looked great unti the winter came.
Unfortunately, I forgot to trim back the plants which were
overhanging the lawn and it caused it to die off in these areas over
the winter. I bought some mircale gro general purpose lawn seed
/fertiliser mix, and followed the instructions :-
One handful per 1m Sq, rake first, dampen ground, trample down gently,
and keep damp.

It says I should see results in 5 days, but its been nearly 14 days
and nothing. Some of the areas are shady, and some aren't, but none
of it has grown yet ... am I doing something wrong ?

What has the temperature been?

David