Old 03-05-2010, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default comparing pot sizes

In article , Sacha
writes
A 1 litre pot is about 5" diameter. But you can get 1 litre pots as
'long toms', which are narrower but longer and which we use for sweet
peas.
Trehane have a handy table on their site which shows the size pots
their Camellias are sold in:
http://www.trehanenursery.co.uk/plan...nd-pricing.php
and these people sell qite a variety:
http://www.thegardensuperstore.co.uk/acatalog/Lightweight_Plant_Pots.html
--

Thanks Sacha but they only go up to 9cm and Judy has a lot of herbaceous
stuff that really needs 11cm squares or failing that maybe 1 litre

(Hope you got the plants okay, my Canarina canariensis seeds have
germinated so I am now trying to encourage them to grow)

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph