Old 03-05-2010, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lol[_5_] Lol[_5_] is offline

Default Ground frost

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Lol" wrote
Allotment secretary is warning us of ground frost - London area.
Do we really need to protect our potatoes?

If they are above ground then yes you do, and anything else you have
planted that is tender. I see some of our "new" allotment holders have
runner bean plants and tomato plants planted out already, but then they
have got away with it the last couple of years.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Thanks for all replies.
As new allotment holder (for this decade) it looks like we can get away with
it!

Potatoes are vigorously 3" above ground, didn't mind last night's nominal
0C, and aren't they big strong couch grass killers and fresh ground breakers
anyway?
Lol