Old 03-05-2010, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Ever-returning hole

"Kroma" wrote in message
Hello!

I am in need of help.

Last Autumn, a hole was dug by a creature in our lawn, about 9
inches or so from our pond. The hole was about 7 inches in
diameter and appeared to have been dug by an animal standing on
the lawn as the soil excavated in the digging of the pond could
clearly be seen strewn in one direction (and some of it went in
the pond). We assumed that a fox did the digging - we sometimes
see them about.

I filled it in but it soon reappeared. This happened a few
times.

You have rats living under your pond. Time for bait.

Mike