Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Ground frost

On 3 May, 15:19, AriesVal wrote:
On Sun, 2 May 2010 22:56:29 +0100, Lol wrote:
Allotment secretary is warning us of ground frost - London area.
Do we really need to protect our potatoes?

Lol

If you're at all worried about frost damaging tender plants then you could
cover them overight with garden fleece. *It's not expensive at places like
Homebase.
--
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinleinhttp://jalbum.net/users/ariesval/

Have you noticed how some of the forecasters now talk about a Grass
frost rather than a ground frost?
David Hill