Old 03-05-2010, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_2_] Ian B[_2_] is offline

Default Ever-returning hole

Bob Hobden wrote:
..
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Kroma" wrote

However, 2 days ago, the 3 inch diameter (and clean hole) returned!

Wood Mice I suspect, we have them on our allotment and they tunnel
around extensively. ...

You clearly have wood mice the size of transpondian gophers :-)

Obviously. They are mice, I've seen them sprint away when I've used
the cultivator. However I'm saying they are wood mice because that's
what I was told. The one I found dead was quite big for a mouse, but
not a rat (had them in our garden at home), and had a reddish colour
fur with a white tummy and after your comment I haven't been able to
put a name to it.

You may well have killed the mouse Santa Claus, you b*stard.