View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Old 04-05-2010, 08:39 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Holt View Post
I was searching for some advice on maintaining my little chamomile lawn and came across all kinds of conflicting information - so I thought I'd post a progress report and see what help I'd receive.
I didn't like to ask too many questions in my first post - but perhaps I could add a few as there has been no response yet.

I have read that chamomile lawns don't need to be cut - is this true? I tried chopping some of my little plants last summer to see if they would thicken up a bit. They looked like a whole orchestra of Nigel Kennedys when they first went in, but have recovered without harm. Trouble is - the old leaves that flop down into the gaps go an unsightly yellow - could this be avoided by cutting?

And how much tread will the lawn actually endure? I'm almost afraid to walk on it which makes weeding even more difficult - and I can't imagine keeping the impatient husband off for much longer.

More importantly - will the newts that crawl through the lawn when they are leaving the pond in summer, be ok? I have this horrible image of finding them strangled by the sticky tendrils!

Sue