Old 04-05-2010, 11:52 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
I overwintered my Musa Bajoo Banana in a cold greenhouse. I thought it
had died and cut it right back and left it in the greenhouse. Came to
empty the pot today and there are two shoots coming from the base.
What do I do with them. Do i carefully cut them away and repot or do I
just leave the shoots on the main plant?
Musa basjoo are very root hardy. Most places in Britain you can plant them outside in the ground and they will generally grow back each year, given sufficient water and food. Last year's above-ground plant is dead, cut that away.