Old 04-05-2010, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Ground frost

wrote...
Bob Hobden wrote:
Allotment secretary is warning us of ground frost - London area.
Do we really need to protect our potatoes?

If they are above ground then yes you do, and anything else you have
planted
that is tender. I see some of our "new" allotment holders have runner
bean
plants and tomato plants planted out already, but then they have got away
with it the last couple of years.

Tbh, it's the older allotmenteers that have their beans in on ours.

By older do you mean more experienced in growing stuff or just older?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden