Old 04-05-2010, 04:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
D. Staples D. Staples is offline

Default Walnut in a hedgerow ?

If you want to save the tree, best bet is to only plant outside the drip
line of the tree.

"angel_orto" wrote in message

Hi Tony ,

Thank for your answers,
I know also English Walnut affect with juglone other plants , I made
many searches in several languages , I was thinking that in the several
British Hedgerows experiences may find some advice !
I was also using the black walnut information but so I find only
American species,anyway may be useful !

I will try again as I don't like to fell this tree ,

Angel_orto

Whoa, on second glance, I see you describe it as a Juglans Regia
(English Walnut). I'm not aware of any problem with other plants and
English Walnut, but I'm not sure it doesen't have toxic qualities to
other plants. Again, a good search should give you the answers.

Tony

--
angel_orto