Old 04-05-2010, 11:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Homemade V8?

wrote:
First time poster, but I've been reading this newsgroup for awhile. I
enjoy an 11.5 oz can of V8 every morning and got to thinking about
making my own. Not so much to taste exactly like it, but as a way to
not let anything from the garden go to waste.

I envision using tomatoes as a base ingredient and add whatever's ripe
at the time. Is there a brand of juicer that would be preferable over
say, a blender? I'd imagine retaining the maximum amount of
nutritional value would invole a different process than just smashing
vegies into juice.

We can and freeze, but there's always some goodies left over that I
just hate to throw in the compost. I'll bet you could come up with
some interesting flavors too ; ) Have any of you tried this?

Thanks

Newb

I am not a big fan of V8 but there is no reason that you cannot make a
nutritious and tasty juice out your own veges. I think the vitamin content
will depend more on freshness than how you extract the juice.

It is generally considered poor form to hijack threads by renaming them and
starting a new topic. You would do better to start your own thread.

David