Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default Purslane

On Tue, 4 May 2010 22:57:39 +0100, Sacha wrote:

A brief look at images online suggests it's montia sibirica, but as I said
to Stuart upthread I'll look more closely at it tomorrow.
It's growing in damp shade and the person who gave me the original plant
said it was edible. It seems to be an annual but self seeds readily.
Looks quite succulent for a few leaves in a salad along with garlic
mustard
and a few young dandelion leaves ;-)

Rusty should kick in here, I hope. An expert on wild living (so to
speak..)
erm, living from the wild..

Rusty will eat anything without a face, and even some things with one.

---
He found himself with no money and I admire him for surviving this. Don't
you?

Has Rusty actually invited us to discuss his personal circumstances?

Rusty has made no secret in various groups of his reduced
circumstances and often initiated discussion himself. Such
circumstances he has stated many times are caused by a tediously
prolonged fight to establish entitlement to his pension rights.
But you're are right in one way, there is a difference in discussing
him in absentia, so to speak, and conversing with him good self on the
subject.

--