Old 05-05-2010, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Basil and flies

On May 4, 5:01*pm, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
So what is this I hear about basil being a fly repellent? *My basil seems to
be the social gathering spot of the fly world. *The damned bugs are all over
it. *And could they be responsible for the holes that keep appearing in the
leaves?

More likely the holes are flea beatles, put a dish of soapy water
under your plnts overnight and see what falls in.