Old 05-05-2010, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default just wanting to say hello

Amazing how aggression can come to the fore in a gardening group.

Hatred is such a nasty word when the flowers are so beautiful.

Gardening and gardening knowledge 'should' be appreciated wherever that
knowledge comes from. Even by those, such as myself, who do not have a vast
gardening background and our gardens are miniscule, 'jambed between a
railway line and a main road' as has been posted here recently.

I wonder if said aggression is spewed out against certain gardening
magazines? Is one gardening magazine slated against any other?

Gardening on TV, we have all seen just how aggression and hatred is thrown
against certain gardening TV presenters.

Life is so short as well :-))))

Do have a nice day tomorrow, and don't forget to vote, I feel sure ALL
gardeners will vote Green. No? Why?

Mike ............. Crowe that is :-))

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

On 2010-05-05 17:20:29 +0100, "Ian B"
said:

'Mike' wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"ecohobby" wrote

Joined gardenbanter after a long time reading.

Just wanted to say hello, and apologise if I ask too many questions
as I find the more I follow this hobby the less I seem to know.

Welcome to this Newsgroup. (Look it up)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

and take no notice of those paranoid about people who post in
gardenbanter

It doesn't seem to me to be paranoid. One significant problem is that the
web forum doesn't thread conversations like usenet, resulting in
confusion
to people on gardenbanter (hence the "Clematis ID Continued" thread).

Participants in gardenbanter clearly think they're participating in a web
forum, when they aren't. There's surely nothing wrong with pointing that
out, is there?

Ian

Mike Crowe is a long lasting troll in this group. He is ignored or
disliked in equal measure so avenges himself by that sort of remark. It's
wrong and unfair to this group but as he is not liked here, he's not
concerned about that. uk.rec.gardening is a newsgroup and not a forum and
anyone can join us by using a newsreader and Google groups. gardenbanter
pinches all our posts and uses them to create a forum that is not of their
making originally. And in doing so, it uses every one of us to promote
commercial interests but without acknowledging it's doing that, either.
--
Sacha