Old 05-05-2010, 11:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bud Bud is offline

Default Basil and flies

On 2010-05-05, beecrofter wrote:
On May 4, 5:01Â*pm, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
So what is this I hear about basil being a fly repellent? Â*My basil seems to
be the social gathering spot of the fly world. Â*The damned bugs are all over
it. Â*And could they be responsible for the holes that keep appearing in the
leaves?

More likely the holes are flea beatles, put a dish of soapy water
under your plnts overnight and see what falls in.

And give them a mist of water with a dollop of soap.