Old 06-05-2010, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Homemade V8?

On Wed, 05 May 2010 09:21:32 -0700, wrote:

If you go to http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ you will
see that pureed tomatoes generally contain more nutrients than tomato
juice (indicative of the USA that they didn't have numbers for fresh
tomato juice). The puree will, as you would expect, contain more fiber.
I'd just think of it as gazpacho to which you can add cucumbers, celery,
peppers, just about anything, along with some oil oil to help adsorb the
fat soluble vitamins, and vinager to make it refreshing on a hot day. It
is a great way to use excess tomatoes.

Thank you! That's a great site, and I'd never heard of gazpacho
before. Definately added that to our 'we've got to try that' list.

Newb

Gazpacho, one of the great things that makes growing one's own
tomatoes truly worthwhile.

Ross.