Old 05-05-2010, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Asparagus!

"Gopher" wrote in message spelled thus.

BTW, I had someone asking me about introducing parsnips in Germany and if
I knew the reason for their apparent absence. When I lived there I was
served Pastinaken in Bavaria but I'm sure there's another word which is a
more accurate translation.... but I forget it. Another senior moment:-))
--

When my German friend came here in 03 she had never eaten parsnips before I
cooked some for her. She loved them and took some seeds back with her. She