Old 06-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Sue Holt Sue Holt is offline
Registered User

Location: wirral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery Davis[_3_] View Post
Hello Sue, and welcome to URG.

That sounds lovely, actually.

You are posting on a very old part of the internet, that predates the
www. It's called Usenet, or sometimes just "news." You can find out
about it with google or for example at Usenet.com :: Usenet Information Center. Many people
don't like sites like GBanter because they steal content and repost
without permission.

You are on the group uk.rec.gardening.

To access Usenet directly you need a news server, I use
news.individual.net which costs 10 EU a year but removes most spam
messages quite effectively. There are also many free news servers. You
can also access Usenet via google, although it is a rather difficult
interface I find.

-E
Sorry guys - this all seems a bit complicated for me!

It is a lovely garden - though hard work - and very peaceful, especially with all the birdsong at this time of year.

I think I'll just stop messing about on the computer and go and enjoy it.

Enjoy your gardening

Sue