Old 06-05-2010, 03:30 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default So this is really May?

After an unseasonably warm March and April we are in May and the weather is
just cooling enough to get rid of the flies. The grass is still growing,
the roses are still blooming, the pumpkins are still going as are many other
things.

BUT

The brassicas all have cabbage moth. The roses have both aphids and
monolepta. The citrus have aphids and citrus grub. All these should have
been finished well over a month ago.

Regardless of whether it happens or not (no I don't want to open that can of
worms) climate change would have some very "interesting" effects with only a
degree or two rise in temperature.

David