Old 06-05-2010, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default just wanting to say hello

"Pete C" wrote
'Mike' wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote
"ecohobby" wrote

Joined gardenbanter after a long time reading.

Just wanted to say hello, and apologise if I ask too many questions
as I find the more I follow this hobby the less I seem to know.

Welcome to this Newsgroup. (Look it up)

and take no notice of those paranoid about people who post in
gardenbanter

Surely, the name of the game here is for one gardener to help another,
regardless of where the plee for help comes from? As soon as a new
poster, via garden banter arrives, he/she is jumped on from on high about
posting directly here....not a nice welcome is it? Live and let live I
say.
Anyway, Welcome martin

This poster was not "jumped on" as you put it, he was welcomed to this
Newsgroup by me.
I also suggested he look up "Newsgroup" so he is aware of what it is he has
asked a question on, it not being anything like a web forum.
As I have said elsewhere, I don't have a problem with folks using Gb to get
here just as long as they realise what they are actually doing, some ISPs
don't carry Ngs any more after all.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden